Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hi Joe,

I am very appreciative of the work you have done making videos about various war games, and bits for the dice tower. I have been convinced to get into ASL and I have a few starter kit bits already.
As you are currently doing some introductory videos for ASL I have a couple of quick questions. I apologise if it is something you have already covered and I missed it.

What is the best online resource for ASL? I have had a bit of a look at Board game geek, VASL and con sim world. Is there a consolidated home where I can try to find a gaming group for it?

Finally, how would you recommend going about getting into ASL? Are the core modules likely to be more or less always available, or should I just buy buy buy when I can? I am quite keen not to put out a massive amount of cash in one go, but as a Brit living in Japan I don't want to miss out on any of those armies so I will want to avoid dependency problems with the modules.

Thanks,

Dave



Hi,

I personally like ConSim and Mark's Desperation Morale site. As far as modules I'd suggest just picking up Beyond Valor and the rule book. If you like it and catch the bug start picking up the other modules, historical modules, and action packs at your own leisure and taste. Most of the main modules are always available and in print. When they go out of print you can buy them off ebay other places. I'd not worry about it, ASL will be around for years to come.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment