Sunday, March 13, 2011

EMAIL

Hi Joe,

First I would like to thank you for your primer videos for the Starter Kits and ASL. I am an old Squad Leader Series vet but it has been 20 years since I last played. A year ago I picked up Memoir 44 after listening to Tom Vasel rave about it. I found it fun but I wanted more meat to the game, it just seemed too dependent on the cards. However, it was a great first wargame for my 9 year old daughter to cut her teeth on. We are about to start on the Tide of Iron Series as a next step.

My question is, what is your opinion of this game? I know it is not ASL. I was just curious of what you thought of the game.

By the way, I was going back and listening to the dice tower's first 50 shows and you and Tom have made me laugh out loud many times as I do prep work for my classroom. thanks for the laughs.

It's great to see you still have the wargame fever, thanks for helping me revive mine. Take care,

Ray Gaer


Hi,

Thanks for the email. I liked ToI "OK" but just found the bits to be clunky and tedious. Not a bad design but I like other tactical level games better, if you are looking for an ASL primer try Conflict of Heroes, ASLSK or Combat Commander.

Joe

1 comment:

  1. I concur about Conflict of Heroes. The mechanics are elegant, the game play tense and fast moving, and there are a good variety of scenarios(playable in anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours)

    ReplyDelete