Wednesday, December 29, 2010

EMAIL

I've been looking for a copy of this so I check back occasionally here and I keep getting tricked by your post. I see "$33.00/very good" and I think I finally found a copy. Stop teasing me, dude!

On another note, I wanted to give you thanks. I put a lot of stock into your opinions regarding war games and being a newbie, they're extremely helpful. I picked up Washington's War and Wilderness War based on your videos. I'm glad to see GMT is putting mounted maps in their boxes. I remember being rather put off with the paper maps a few years ago. I guess that comes from finding the hobby through euro games.

Off the top of your head, could you recommend some good war games for a noob like me that play in 3 hours or less?

Happy New Year!
Chris Bailey



Chris,

Some of my favorites for that time are Twilight Struggle, D-Day at Omaha Beach, and Conflict of Heroes.

Thanks,

Joe

1 comment:

  1. Labyrinth is really good too, especially if you decide that you like CDGs.

    Another quick tactical system worth looking into is Lock N Load's "World at War"/"Nations at War" games. World at War started with Eisenbach Gap and now has several games out covering a 1980's WWIII. Nations at War has one game out so far White Star Rising and covers WWII. Both settings run on basically the same rules.

    ReplyDelete