Sunday, November 13, 2011

Email

ASL Primer series


I hadn't found a player (or the time) to try this out and instead played Conflict of Heroes with a buddy. That's a great wargame -- much more streamlined but has some of the same feel. That buddy agreed to try ASL and we played the first scenario out of the starter kit. He's hooked (and he has more time -- damn single guys) on wargames now and he's played it a couple more times. We are scheduling our next session so he can walk me through stuff a bit more.

The dice mechanics are a bit wonky for me -- sometimes you roll over, sometimes you roll under, sometime you divide by two and round, sometimes you round down... I was feeling pretty awkward with all of that. BUT, having said that, I enjoyed it, and I look forward to trying it again.


Adan

No comments:

Post a Comment