Friday, September 4, 2009

Question and Answer

First off, let me say hi. Second, I really enjoy your video reviews. Great stuff. Forgive me but I do love the way you slap your components around as if you're testing their fortitude!

I'm actually mailing you because I'm about to try my very first wargame -- Ambush! I'm new to this board gaming malarkey and especially wargames. See here for the boring details: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/45716

I was thinking about writing up my first successful run through as a session here on the Geek. I had in mind something similar to your own excellent example -- as pointed out to me by GROGnads -- but perhaps with a lighter tone, befitting someone with less experience.

I just wondered if you had any tips on how to approach Ambush! as a newcomer and also writing a session report?

Thanks for your time.

~Andy


Hi,

Well, make it personal... I have much more fun if I name each member of the squad. Don't cheat... sounds simple but it is VERY tempting to cheat when a German sniper rolls a crazy lucky hit and kills off your best character... you will be tempted to roll again... don't cheat yourself. No advice on writing the session report, just have fun.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment